Putting my essay topics up here you guys can give me advice if you want but I don’t expect anything.
1. 10 page paper on Joseph Cornell - at least it’s ten pages on an artist I really like who’s art I understand and who was a genuinely great person
2. Essay on a different American artist and their unique contribution to the story of American Art. Dunno who I’m going to write this about yet. Feel free to suggest a favorite if you have any knowledge of American art whatsoever.
3. Essay: The Armory Show of 1913 is considered the most dramatic popular event in the history of American Art. How did this exhibition come about? How did it alter the direction of American Art?
4. Essay: Compare and contrast the works of Thomas Eakins and Albert Pinkham Ryder. How do these two artists represent different developments in American Art in the last quarter of the 19th century? Define these two traditions in late 19th century American Art.
5. Essay: Discuss the rise of American Scene painting in the years after the First World War. What were the reasons (cultural and otherwise) for this return to a depiction of American subjects? How was it a reaction to European Modernism?
Name: Homeless Projection